Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 911R style tail lamps for the 914, I found the info on who made mine
campbellcj
post Sep 5 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

There was a thread on this not too long ago but I searched and couldn't find it.

I just pulled mine out of a box -- getting ready to work on the car some more -- and I noticed this marking on the back side of the fiberglass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) No idea whether he is still in business or still making these parts.

Mike Swanson
AR Concepts
ar_concepts@hotmail.com
(818) 470-5700

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 46)
campbellcj
post Sep 18 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #41

I can't Re Member

I finally finished this little project today. The wiring, prep & paint, and assembly definitely took a bit more time than I anticipated. Part of it was because I had to chase down some existing electrical gremlins in the front light circuit, and I was fairly anal about the new wiring so I labeled everything and used covered crimp connectors with heat-shrink tubing and so forth.

The fiberglass pieces are a bit rough in terms of fit and finish, I must say, as with many other aftermarket body parts for our cars. They could stand to be be shaped and realigned a bit whenever my car goes in for body and paint work, but I think they're fine for a race car.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm5.static.flickr.com-21-1284870087.1.jpg)
914R with &quot;R&quot; tail lights by cjcam, on Flickr

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm5.static.flickr.com-21-1284870610.1.jpg)
914R by cjcam, on Flickr
+Quote Post
teddyf1
post Sep 20 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 9,972
Region Association: Central California

Smokin' look! Earlier in your post you mentioned doing a test on which is brighter, the LED or incandescent bulb. Did you notice any difference in brightness between the two? I'm looking to do the same and have already spoken to to Mike about a set and I have my lights on order.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Sep 20 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #43

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Looks cool and goes with the look of your car.

One off-topic question though:
What's with the capped exhaust pipe? Does it make a difference in sound for street driving? Just wondering as I'm about to start a 2.7 conversion myself and I'll be looking at exhausts at some point.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 20 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #44

I can't Re Member

QUOTE(teddyf1 @ Sep 20 2010, 11:36 AM) *

Smokin' look! Earlier in your post you mentioned doing a test on which is brighter, the LED or incandescent bulb. Did you notice any difference in brightness between the two? I'm looking to do the same and have already spoken to to Mike about a set and I have my lights on order.

Thanks

I kinda forgot to do the side-by-side (A/B) tests with the bulbs vs. led's before I screwed the covers on. I will try to do that sometime soon. The LED bulbs are expensive in this form factor so I am curious how much difference is visible.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 20 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #45

I can't Re Member

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 20 2010, 01:41 PM) *

What's with the capped exhaust pipe? Does it make a difference in sound for street driving? Just wondering as I'm about to start a 2.7 conversion myself and I'll be looking at exhausts at some point.

Yep, it quiets down the exhaust noticeably. This is an "R" type M&K muffler which is very free-flowing and loud, borderline un-streetable when uncapped. (Especially since the County Sheriff station is right around the corner.) The cap came from Ben McFarland, the builder/owner at M&K, although I attached it differently because the clip/clamp he supplied only stayed on for a few minutes.
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Sep 21 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #46

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Cool deal, wonder if you can cap their 'sport' exhaust for a civilized drive around town and uncap it for having some fun. I'll have to keep that company in mind if my wallet allows for it later.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 21 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #47

I can't Re Member

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 21 2010, 08:23 AM) *

Cool deal, wonder if you can cap their 'sport' exhaust for a civilized drive around town and uncap it for having some fun. I'll have to keep that company in mind if my wallet allows for it later.

I'm not sure about the sport version but you could email or call Ben McFarland at M&K -- he is typically very responsive and also hangs out on the Pelican boards sometimes.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:44 AM